What’s better than creamy mozzarella sauce? Vegan mozzarella sauce! It’s cheesy, smooth and spreadable on everything. use it to enhance the flavor of sandwiches, toast, pasta and flatbread pizza.
Using only 7 ingredients, to create a delicious flavor profile, this plant based mozzarella sauce is easy to make and takes less than 5 minutes – Making it the kind of kitchen staple you can have on hand every day of the week.
How To Make Vegan Mozzarella Sauce
Start the mozzarella sauce by soaking 1 cup of raw cashew nuts in boiling water. This will make the resulting sauce creamy and luscious. Steep in the water for 10 minutes then drain.
In a blender, combine the cashew nuts, nutritional yeast, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, water and the juice from 1 lemon. Blend on high for around 2 minutes until the sauce becomes silky smooth.
Store the mozzarella sauce in the fridge for up to 5 days and slather on all and every edible thing. If you want to use it in a meal, try making the Vegan Meatball Sub recipe pictured above.
I hope you like the flavors of this mozzarella sauce. If you make this recipe, leave a rating below and don’t forget to tag @PlantBased_Provisions on Instagram!
For more cheese sauce ideas try this Nacho Cheese Sauce recipe.
Vegan Mozzarella Cheese
Silky, creamy and luxurious, this vegan mozzarella sauce pairs great with pasta, subs, sandwiches and flat breads!
- To get a silky smooth mozzarella sauce, soak the raw cashew nuts in boiling water for around 10 minutes. This will make sure you get the creamiest texture possible.
Mozzarella Cheese Sauce
- 1 Cup Raw Cashews
- 2 Heaping Tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 1/4 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup + 1/8 Cup Water
- Juice of 1 Lemon
Mozzarella Sauce Directions
- Soak 1 cup of raw cashews in boiling water. Steep for 10 minutes and then drain.
- In a blender, combine all the ingredients and blend on high until a silky smooth sauce is made. This should take around 2 minutes.
- Store the mozzarella sauce for up to 5 days in the fridge!
NutritionPer Serving (1/8 Batch): 94 calories; 7 g fat; 1 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @plantbased_provisions on Instagram and hashtag #plantbasedprovisions to share your awesome food.