This vegan creamed spinach is ready in less than 15 minutes. It’s creamy, tasty and a little bit garlicky. The flavors are deeply rich and incredibly cheesy, even without the dairy!
Using only 5 ingredients, this simple creamed spinach recipe packs a lot of flavor and can be eaten as a dip, as a side or stuffed inside savory pastry rolls.
How To Make The Best Vegan Creamed Spinach
Creamed spinach does not get easier than this recipe. Start by finely mincing garlic and then sautéing it in extra virgin olive oil until golden. Soon after, add in washed and dried spinach and season with salt and pepper to taste. When the spinach is wilted, add the cream cheese, shredded mozzarella and nutritional yeast to the pan. Stir quickly to combine and cook on low heat until the creamed spinach thickens up.
Remove the creamed spinach off heat and serve! This recipe is incredibly simple and most like the original recipe when it comes to taste. If you are stuffing the spinach into pastry, allow the dip to cool before rolling up in the dough.
How To Make Pastry Shells
Using store-bought crescent rolls, open the can and unroll the dough. Cut the dough into long rectangular strips. One can should wield around 6 pastry strips. Next, roll up sheets of aluminum foil into 6 cone shapes (one end will start off wide and taper into a narrow end). Taking one pastry strip at a time, start at the narrow end of the cone and wrap the dough around to create a carrot shape.
Once all the strips are rolled, bake in the oven according to package directions. After baking, allow the pastry to cool completely before removing the cones. Stuff with the creamed spinach dip for a hand-held appetizer.
This is one of the easiest recipes for creamed spinach out there. The quantities can easily be doubled (or tripled) for large gatherings but it’s also perfect as a side for a mid-week dinner. If you try making this recipe, leave a rating below and don’t forget to tag @PlantBased_Provisions on Instagram!
For more easy sides, try these recipes:
Vegan Creamed Spinach
This 5 ingredient creamed spinach is ready in 15 minutes. The flavors are deeply rich and incredibly cheesy, even without the dairy!
- Spinach releases excess moisture as it cooks. Because of this, it’s important to wash and dry the spinach with paper towels before adding it to the pan.
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper (To Taste)
- 5 Cloves Garlic
- 9 oz. Spinach
- 1/3 Cup Vegan Cream Cheese (I Recommend Tofutti)
- 1/3 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (I Recommend Follow Your Heart)
- 1 Tablespoon Nutritional Yeast
- Start by finely mincing 5 fresh garlic cloves and then sautéing it in extra virgin olive oil, until golden.
- Soon after, add in washed and dried spinach and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When the spinach is wilted, add the cream cheese, shredded mozzarella and nutritional yeast to the pan.
- Stir quickly to combine and cook on low heat until the creamed spinach thickens up.
- Remove the creamed spinach off heat and serve! If you are using the creamed spinach as a filling, allow it to reach room temperature before rolling in pastry dough.
NutritionPer Serving (1/4 Batch): 85 calories; 5 g fat; 5 g carbohydrates; 2.5 g protein; 0 mg sugar; 175 mg sodium; 5 g fiber
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @plantbased_provisions on Instagram and hashtag #plantbasedprovisions to share your awesome food.